What are coffee beans
- Seed of coffee plant that comes from the coffee tree fruit of coffee berries.
- It is the source for the coffee we drink.
- The world’s second most popular drink after water.
- First cultivation in India – 1600.
- Two important varieties of coffee plant: Arabica and Robusta.
- Now more than 400 billion cups consumed every year.
Where is it found
- Planted in tropical climate and rich solid.
- Coffee is grown in more than 50 countries like: America, Brazil, Africa, Middle East, Asia.
- Over 50% of some developing nation’s earnings comes from coffee export.
- Brazil is the biggest coffee producing country in the world.
- USA is the highest coffee importing country of the world.
Components of Coffee
- A cup of coffee provides approximately 80-100mg of caffeine.
- Antioxidants (melanoidins, polyphenol).
- Minerals, proteins, carbohydrates, lipids
Benefits of Coffee
he vast majority of those studies have shown a benefit of coffee on the prevention of diabetes. alertness, perk up your performance, and even improve your concentration.
But when it comes to benefits the caffeinated coffee is the same as the decaffeinated coffee
Coffee is not the major component of weight loss, but it helps increasing the feeling of fullness by reducing the energy intake by 22%.
Subjects who increased their caffeine consumption over 12 years gained less weight than those who decreased
their caffeine consumption.
Suggested to drink 0.12 g of coffee per 100g of body weight, because it increases antioxidants in the body.
Do not exceed 4 cups of coffee a day.
If your start loosing sleep due to high consumption of coffee, its better if you start replacing some of you
caffeinated cups of coffee with caffeinated cups of coffee.
|Coffee Drink||Serving Size||Calories|
|Carmel Frappuccino Coffee, no whip||16 fluid ounces||280|
|Carmel Frappuccino Coffee, whip||16 fluid ounces||430|
|Carmel Frappuccino Coffee only||16 fluid ounces||260|
|Caffe Latte, non-fat milk||16 fluid ounces||165|
|Caffe Latte, whole milk||16 fluid ounces||260|
|Caffe Latte, whole milk||16 fluid ounces||140|
|Caffe au Lait, non-fat milk||16 fluid ounces||90|
|Caffe Americano||16 fluid ounces||15|
|Caffe Mocha, whole milk, whip||16 fluid ounces||400|
|Caffe Mocha, non-fat milk, whip||16 fluid ounces||330|
|Caffe Mocha, non-fat milk, no whip||16 fluid ounces||220|
|Mocha Malt Frappuccino Coffee, whip||16 fluid ounces||570|
|Coffee, Mocha, white chocolate, non-fat||344|
|Cappuccino, whole milk||16 fluid ounces||150|
|Cappuccino, non-fat milk||16 fluid ounces||100|