2 tablespoons butter
3 cups peeled and sliced Granny Smith apples (about 3 large) Streusel Topping Caramel Sauce 1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Melt 2 Tbsp. butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add apples; sauté 5 minutes or until softened. Remove from heat; cool completely (about 30 minutes).
2. Meanwhile, prepare Streusel Topping and Caramel Sauce. Reserve 1/2 cup Caramel Sauce for another use.
3. Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition.
4. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Pour batter into a greased and floured shiny 9-inch springform pan; top with apples. Drizzle with 1/2 cup Caramel Sauce; sprinkle with Streusel Topping.
5. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Cover loosely with aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning; bake 25 to 30 minutes or until center is set. (A wooden pick will not come out clean.) Cool in pan on a wire rack 30 minutes; remove sides of pan. Cool completely on wire rack (about 1 1/2 hours). Drizzle with 1/2 cup Caramel Sauce.
I am A 23 years old coffee addict who’s passionate about every sip of her cup of coffee. I live in Dubai, so I hope I’ll be a good guide for those who are seeking to taste a good cup of coffee in town.
My coffee addiction started since I was in grade 9, but before that i have always stolen some sips of my parent’s cups of coffee, GUILTY!
I studied Food Science and Management at the American University of Beirut! and my seminar (graduation presentation) was about coffee and weight loss.
One of my future plans that are related to coffee is taking some courses online scaaeducation.org to enrich my knowledge in this domain, and hopefully benefit you in return. Then i will be attending a workshop here in Dubai to get a closer look at coffee brewing, tasting, and buying pathways.